How to activate WP Desk plugin licenses?
API Key activation
Subscription allow activating plugins after installation and enable automatic updates directly from the WordPress Dashboard. After the purchase, we generate API keys for each order that must be entered after installing the plugin. Read about the activation process below.
- Log in and go to My Account.
- Download the plugin you want to install and copy license keys
- Install the plugin using your WordPress panel. Then, enable the plugin.
- You will be asked to install the WP Desk Helper plugin. You'll be able to manage your API keys and active plugins using our WP Desk Helper. Install the plugin and turn it on.
- After the installation, a new WP Desk position will appear with the Subscription submenu. This is the page where API key can be activated:
- After you have entered a valid API key and e-mail, and after you have activated your license, the plugin will be fully activated and upgrades in the WordPress panel will be enabled.
An additional page WP Desk will appear in the WordPress menu. You will see the latest special offers and new plugins there. Do not worry, though, we will not be intrusive in any way. If you're not interested, just ignore the page's existence :)
Note: licenses must be activated on a unique domain.
API Key transferring
All API Keys can be transferred between WooCommerce installations. This function can come in handy if you want to test the plugin on a sandbox server.
To transfer API Key, you must login into my account section and deactivate the API Key on the old site. Then, you just have to type in the API Key data on the new site. Once you've done that, the plugin is fully activated and you're ready to go. You can also deactivate the API Key using WP Desk Helper.
If you activate plugins in multisite (network setup) make sure you activate all plugins on every site manually, do not network activate WP Desk plugins. WooCommerce will also have to activated this way.
WP Desk Helper
WP Desk Helper is used to manage API Keys of our plugins.
Problems with the WP Desk Helper plugin installation
Sometimes, with too low version of PHP (we recommend v5.6 or higher), specific server configuration and/or installed plugins, some problems may arise when installing the WP Desk Helper. For instance, you may see the following message:
Problems with the WP Desk Helper plugin activation
Our server requires OpenSSL 1.0+ to connect. If your server (the one WooCommerce is installed on) has cURL module outdated, WP Desk Helper won't be able to maintain connection needed to activate your plugins. In such situation, the notification will pop up
You can go to WooCommerce -> System status in your WordPress panel to check it out. You can find there a line with cURL version such as cURL Version: 7.21.0, OpenSSL/0.9.8o or cURL Version: 7.19.7, NSS/3.21 Basic ECC. Please contact your hosting provider and ask them to update cURL on your server.
In spite of the current version of cURL, you can not activate the API Key, it is probably due to a blocking used by the hosting, such as using a firewall. Please contact your hosting provider to remove the connection block with the domain www.wpdesk.pl