UPS Labels - Adding the UPS Flat Rate shipping method
UPS Labels has its own in-built and dedicated shipping method called UPS Flat Rate, however, it also allows to create the UPS shipments for all the orders in your shop, no matter what kind of shipping method was selected during the purchase.
How to add the UPS Flat Rate?
The UPS Flat Rate shipping method uses similar mechanics as the WooCommerce default Flat Rate and can be easily added the same way.
In order to create a new UPS Flat Rate shipping method simply go to WooCommerce → Settings → Shipping:
Click the shipping zone name you want to add the UPS Flat Rate method within.
Once you are in, hit the Add shipping method button at the bottom of the Shipping methods table:
In the popup window which should appear select the UPS Flat Rate from the dropdown list and confirm your choice with Add shipping method button once again:
Right after it is added click its name:
to reach the UPS Flat Rate method's configuration screen.
UPS Flat Rate shipping method configuration
As previously mentioned the UPS Flat Rate mechanics is pretty much similiar to the WooCommerce default one. It also allows to define the fixed shipping cost, however, it has been extended with some additional UPS-dedicated options:
– enter the shipping method title displayed in the cart and checkout.
– choose if this shipping method should be taxed or not. If you select to apply the tax, the plugin will use the tax rates defined in the WooCommerce settings at WooCommerce → Settings → Tax.
– enter the amount the customer is to be charged for shipping.
– select the service to be used for shipping the ordered products from the available UPS services below:
- UPS Next Day Air
- UPS 2nd Day Air
- UPS Ground
- UPS Worldwide Express
- UPS Worldwide Expedited
- UPS Standard
- UPS 3 Day Select
- UPS Next Day Air Saver
- UPS Next Day Air Early
- UPS Worldwide Express Plus
- UPS Second Day Air AM
- UPS Saver
- UPS Worldwide Express Freight Midday
- UPS Express 12:00
- UPS Today Standard
- UPS Today Dedicated Courrier
- UPS Today Express
- UPS Today Express Saver
- UPS Wordlwide Express Freight
- UPS Sure Post
– select the packaging you wish to be used for shipping from the available below:
- Customer Supplied Package
- UPS Letter
- Express Box
- 25KG Box
- 10KG Box
– tick this checkbox to enable the Cash on Delivery additional service for the parcels shipped with this method.
– use this option to add insurance for the parcels shipped with this method.
– select the apropiate option below if you want to use the additional UPS Delivery Confirmation service:
- Signature Required
- Adult Signature Required
Default shipment description
– enter the description which will be used as default if the individual shipment description in the order details' UPS metabox has not been filled in.
Not using the UPS Labels yet and wondering how it will work live?