UPS - Shipping Method
UPS Shipping method
After configuring plugin settings to offer UPS services, add a new UPS shipping method.
After adding the method, UPS services will be displayed automatically on the checkout page together with live rates:
Go to WooCommerce shipping zone and add UPS as the new shipping method in the selected zone.
The title of the method will be displayed to your clients if an emergency rate is applied. The title is also displayed in the list of methods in the shipping zone.
Here you can choose whether you want to send packages to UPS Access Points. The list of collection points will be available on the order page, and the point chosen by the customer can be checked in the order edition.
- Disable Access Points
- All services and Access Points
- Only Access Points
- Access Points and Flat Rate
Fallback cost will be applied if there are no UPS services available.
The services may be unavailable for the order parameters: weight, shipping address and receipt, but also due to incorrect data or no connection to the UPS API.
If fallback is applied to the WooCommerce order, the reason for the application will appear.
Tick the Enable the free shipping over amount checkbox in order to offer your customers the free shipping once the defined order total value threshold is reached. If selected the additional Free Shipping Amount field will appear below:
By default, the store customer will be presented with all available UPS services based on order data. You can limit the list of services by selecting a selected one. You can also change the standard service names and change the order in which they appear.
The selected services will be displayed only if they are available for selected order parameters: weight and addresses.
- You are checking the rates in the UPS online calculator while being logged in to your UPS user account,
- The default payment method has been defined for your UPS user account at Profile > Accounts and Payment Options.
Otherwise, you may encounter some discrepancies between the prices displayed in the online calculator and the ones returned by the plugin, as a result of the discounts assigned to your account haven't been applied by the online calculator.
Enable this option if you want to offer customers rates that include discounts from your contract with UPS.
If you want to include shipment insurance in the shipment amount, check this option. The insurance will be included only for services where the insurance option is available.
This option allows to set the pickup type of your shipping. It may affect the live rates. You can choose the Pickup Type which suits your needs best from the following:
- Not set,
- Daily Pickup,
- Customer Counter,
- One Time Pickup,
- Air Call,
- Letter Center,
- Air Service Center.
If the Not set option has been chosen, the
PickupTypevalue will not be sent in the UPS API request, which might also result in getting the more accurate rates returned in some cases.
PRO Destination Address Type
If UPS API won't be able to validate recipient's address, you can select the type of address for which the rate will be calculated.
PRO fixed and percentage fees
This option allows you to add a commission or rebate to rates collected from UPS. The setting is global, which means that commissions will apply to all bids on the order page.
Possible ways to calculate fees:
PRO Parcel packing method
Possible options to choose from:
- Pack into one box by weight - this is the default method for calculating bids. The functionality supports matching products to UPS packages that returns API (possible to check on UPS site).
- Pack items separately - each product is a separate box in one shipping.
- Pack into custom boxes - allows you to choose which packages you want to use. You can choose one of standard UPS package or set your own custom box. It also allows you to set box weight and padding, that will be deducted from max weight and dimensions of the package. The products in the basket will be adjusted in order from the smallest to the largest to the selected package types. If a product exceeds the size of the package, the plug will return the fallback if it has been set.
Parcel Packing Method - Pack into custom boxes - how the fitting algorithm works
If you chose the Parcel Packing Method: Pack into custom boxes option our UPS PRO plugin will automatically optimize the packing method using the most accurate boxes setup to offer the lowest shipping cost. To make it clear let's have a look how the fitting algorithm works. Let's assume you have defined 3 custom boxes' types:
The fitting algorithm in such case will look like this:
[ 1, 1, 1, '1' ], // 1 items 1 square = best fit is 1x1x1
[ 2, 1, 1, '2' ], // 1 items 2 square = best fit is 2x2x2
[ 4, 1, 1, '5' ], // 1 items 4 square = best fit is 5x5x5
[ 5, 1, 1, '5' ], // 1 items 5 square = best fit is 5x5x5
[ 0.5, 8, 1, '1' ], // 8 items 0.125 square = best fit is 1x1x1
[ 0.5, 9, 1, '2' ], // 9 items 0.125 square = best fit is 2x2x2
[ 1, 8, 1, '2' ], // 8 items 1 square = best fit is 2x2x2
[ 1, 9, 1, '5' ], // 9 items 1 square = best fit is 5x5x5 (other algorithm could get 2x2x2 + 1x1x1)
[ 1, 125, 1, '5' ], // 125 items 1 square = best fit is 5x5x5
[ 1, 126, 2, '5' ], // 126 items 1 square = best fit is 5x5x5 + 1x1x1 (two packages, exactly one is 5x5x5)
[ 1, 133, 2, '5' ], // 133 items 1 square = best fit is 5x5x5 + 2x2x2 (two packages, exactly one is 5x5x5)
So it will match the best setup to fit as much products as possible into one box based on the products dimensions.
PRO Estimated delivery
A feature allowing to display to your customers the estimated delivery time for the ordered products. You can choose from three options here:
In order to calculate and display the estimated delivery date properly our UPS PRO plugin needs to know the shop's exact location so it should be filled at WooCommerce → Settings → General → Store Address or in the UPS settings (WooCommerce → Settings → Shipping → UPS → Origin Settings → Custom Origin).
- None - the estimated delivery time won't be displayed at all.
- Show estimated days to delivery date - display the amount of days of how long it should take to deliver the ordered products.
- Show estimated delivery date - display the exact date the ordered products will be delivered.
Once the 2nd or the 3rd option is selected the following additional fields will appear below:
- Maximum Time in Transit - define the maximum amount of days the products can remain in transit. Especially useful for the perishable goods.
- Lead Time - define the amount of days required to prepare an order to be shipped. The estimated delivery date or time will be updated according to the value entered here.
- Cutoff Time - select the hour after which the date of preparing the shipment will be set for the next day. It can be used only when the Lead Time's value was set to 0.
- Blackout Lead Days - choose the days of the week when the orders are not being processed in your shop. The days you select here will be excluded from the lead time, e.g. if your lead time is defined as 2 days and the chosen Blackout Days are Tuesday and Wednesday, the order placed on Monday will be first processed the following Friday.
Still wondering if the plugin will meet your needs?