UPS - Shipping Method
UPS Shipping method
After configuring plugin settings to offer UPS services, add a new UPS shipping method.
After adding the method, UPS services will be displayed automatically on the checkout page together with live rates:
Go to WooCommerce shipping zone and add UPS as the new shipping method in the selected zone.
The title of the method will be displayed to your clients if an emergency rate is applied. The title is also displayed in the list of methods in the shipping zone.
Here you can choose whether you want to send packages to UPS Access Points. The list of collection points will be available on the order page, and the point chosen by the customer can be checked in the order edition.
- Disable Access Points
- All services and Access Points
- Only Access Points
- [new_feature text="PRO"] Access Points and Flat Rate
By default, the store customer will be presented with all available UPS services based on order data. You can limit the list of services by selecting a selected one. You can also change the standard service names and change the order in which they appear.
The selected services will be displayed only if they are available for selected order parameters: weight and addresses.
Enable this option if you want to offer customers rates that include discounts from your contract with UPS.
If you want to include shipment insurance in the shipment amount, check this option. The insurance will be included only for services where the insurance option is available.
Fallback cost will be applied if there are no UPS services available.
The services may be unavailable for the order parameters: weight, shipping address and receipt, but also due to incorrect data or no connection to the UPS API.
If fallback is applied to the WooCommerce order, the reason for the application will appear.
PRO fixed and percentage fees
This option allows you to add a commission or rebate to rates collected from UPS. The setting is global, which means that commissions will apply to all bids on the order page.
Possible ways to calculate fees:
PRO Parcel packing method
Possible options to choose from:
- Pack products by weight - this is the default method for calculating bids. The functionality supports matching products to UPS packages that returns API (possible to check on UPS site).
- Pack into boxes by weights and dimensions - allows you to choose which packages you want to use. The products in the basket will be adjusted in order from the smallest to the largest to the selected package types. If a product exceeds the size of the package, the plug will return the fallback if it has been set.
PRO Estimated delivery
The option allows you to download from the API the estimated delivery date and display it as a description of the shipping method on the order page.
- Show estimated time in transit
- Show estimated delivery date